FREE-LANCE ACQUISITION EDITORS
Aldus Press is an innovative open access publisher committed to helping scholars easily disseminate their work in the form of monographs, conference series, text books and multi-author books. Aldus Press was founded by an established team with extensive experience in academic publishing.
Using the latest production technology and global distribution platforms, we provide a fast and affordable way to publish books ensuring the widest possible dissemination, discovery and impact. Our fully transparent peer review process allows readers to effectively validate the quality and relevance of published works.
What makes Aldus Press unique:
- Our BPC (book processing charge) are set highly competitive at 2,500 and 5,000 euro. This fee of 5,000 euro includes global distribution and up to 50 printed hardcover copies
- Books are published under the CC-BY-NC-ND license, providing unhampered access and optimal control over intellectual achievements
- Books are peer reviewed according to a fully transparent, open peer review model tailored to the needs of monographs. Reviews and reviewer names (incl. ORCID IDs) are published in the book. Thus, the perceived quality is determined by the reputation of the known reviewers rather in addition to that of the publishing house.
- Production will follow the most modern workflow, with E-PDF, Epub, Mobi and HTML outputs.
- Aldus Press hosts its content using the KU Open Services, ensuring the widest possible dissemination, discovery and impact
- Full publishing is expected to take around 3 months.
We are looking for a number of acquisition editors to help us expand our portfolio. The ideal candidate will have an extensive network within an academic area. Through this network you are in close contact with researchers, research-departments and societies that might want to publish a monograph. Your job will be to source such opportunities and explain and guide authors through the review and submission process. Your activities end with the submission of the final manuscript. We hope you will acquire a minimum of 25 projects per year.
- Any acquired book will be compensated with a 20% fee over the BCP (1,000 euro with current BPC of 5,000 euro per book).
- Aldus Press also offers partnerships with societies, university presses, and institutions We invite you to acquire such deals also. Acquisition fees are determined per partnership, based on the size of the deal.
Please send us an email to express your interest at email@example.com